DirectLink is an alarm-monitoring program offered by the West University Place Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) departments only available to West U residents. Monitoring of your alarm system is extremely important for you and your family's peace of mind and requires the highest level of trust and professionalism.
West University Place DirectLink Advantages:
• The Police Department receives your alarm signal directly, rather than through a third party.
• Emergency Personnel are immediately dispatched, saving valuable time for arrival to your property.
• The Police Dispatch center has your emergency information on file.
• There is no contract
• Convenient billing on utility statement at just $35 a month
• Yard sign and window decals, which advertise that your home alarm system is monitored by the Police Department, are available to our subscribers.
Residents and Business owners should note that all active alarm systems are REQUIRED to have a permit on file with the Police Department.
To sign up for DirectLink monitoring service, please contact an alarm technician FIRST to connect your system to Direct Link they are also able provide equipment for your system. SECONDLY, complete the Direct Link form.
View Approved DirectLink Installation Companies
If you do not wish to sign up for DirectLink monitoring service, to satisfy The City of West University Place permit requirement, please complete an Alarm Permit Registration form.
|Number of Non-Valid Alarms
|1st, 2nd, and 3rd Alarms
|4th and 5th Alarms
|6th and 7th Alarms
|8th Alarm or More
||$100 or Greater
|Fire or Medical False Alarm Fees||$175|