Pest Control Services

The City of West University Place does not perform pest control services. For bees on private property, the homeowner will have to contact a pest control company of their choice to perform the eradication. Bees in city-owned parks and spaces, if considered a threat to public health and safety, will be dealt with by city staff or private pest control depending on the circumstances. The identification of Africanized or "killer bees" goes beyond the casual observation of the insect (as casual as any observation of bees can be), and samples must be sent off to a laboratory for observation of measurements under a microscope and/or d.n.a. analysis to distinguish them from other bees. Bees and wasps go beyond the scope of animal control, and require professional pest control to not only remove the insects but to also treat the area to prevent a re-occurrence of the problem.