Payment Information

Payment Forms

The city accepts the following in payment of utility services:
  • ACH Transfer
  • Cash
  • Checks
  • Credit Cards
  • Money Orders

How to Make Payments

The City of West U offers several payment options:

  • Check Payments - May be submitted at City Hall, mailed, or put in the drop box located behind City Hall on Amherst. Please note the drop box is checked at the beginning (7:30 am) of each business day.

  • ACH Payments – Auto draft directly from a checking or savings account. To sign up for this option please complete the Automatic Payment Application (PDF) and provide a copy of a voided check. Return those items to the Utility Department either by email to, mailing it, placing in the drop box, or drop it off in person, then a Utility Department employee will enter the information into the system. On the monthly due date, the account will be drafted for the full amount owed that month.  On the bottom portion of the statement, it will say “DO NOT PAY,” as a reminder the account is signed up for auto draft payments.
It is the account holder's responsibility to inform the Utility Department of changes to the checking or savings account, such as the closing of one account and opening of a new account, the sale of a bank resulting in change to routing or account numbers, or other factors that may affect the contact and account information.

It is also the account holder's responsibility to inform the Utility Department if switching from an automatic bank draft to credit card payments. This can be done through the Citizen Access Portal, but in order to be removed from the automatic bank draft, an employee with the Utility Department will have to delete the information from the system.

  • Credit Card Payments – automatic payments deducted from a VISA, MasterCard, or Discover with currently no credit card fees to the residents. To sign up for this option, create an account via the Citizen Access Portal. For additional information and instructions please click on the Citizen Access Link.

Unusually Large Bill


If you receive an unusually large water bill, you can contact the city: email, calling 713-662-5824, or by visiting the Utility Customer Service window inside City Hall. 

You can always view your water consumption through our Customer Connect. This is not connected to our online payment system, so you'll need to register if you haven't visited the site before.

Leak Problems

If you have a large bill due to a leak, complete the Leak Adjustment Form  and provide the original repair bill. The city will absorb 50% of the difference between the high bill and your average bill. The city will adjust up to 6 bills of high consumption due to a leak.

General Adjustments

For an unusually large bill not due to a leak, complete the Unusually Large Bill Form, and in most cases, the city will adjust to 160% of your average bill. 

Pool Refills

Pools refilled with metered water within the last 90 days are eligible for a sewer adjustment based on the number of gallons used during the time it took to refill the pool. Swimming Pool Adjustment Form.

Adjustment Limits

Only one type of adjustment can be made in a 12-month period. The adjustment will appear on your next bill.