- Finance Department
- Utilities & Billing
- Payment Methods
Utility Bill Payment Options
The City accepts the following in payment of utility services:
- ACH Transfer
- Credit Cards
- Money Orders
How to Make Payments
The City of West U offers several payment options:
- Check Payments - May be submitted in person at City Hall, mailed, or put in the drop box located behind City Hall on Amherst. Please note the drop box is checked at the beginning (7:30 a.m.) of each business day.
- Recurring ACH Payments – Auto draft directly from a checking account. To sign up for this option, create an account through our Point & Pay Portal. On the monthly due date, the account will be drafted for the full amount owed that month. On the bottom portion of the statement, it will say "DO NOT PAY," as a reminder the account is on recurring payments.
- Credit Card Payments – Auto draft directly from a VISA, MasterCard, or Discover credit card, currently with no fees to the residents. To sign up for this option, create an account through our Point & Pay Portal. On the bottom portion of the statement, it will say "AUTODRAFT" as a reminder the account is on recurring payments.
Pay Your Utility Bill Online Through Point & Pay
Point & Pay is the City’s NEW online billing website that allows residents/customers the option to pay their utility bill online. They can either make a one-time payment or set themselves up on a recurring basis. Residents may also utilize this site to view a history of their statements. Currently there is no charge to use this service.
How do I set up this service?
Point & Pay may be accessed through the City website’s home page Online Payments button or by visiting the Point & Pay website. Residents will be required to create an account to use this service and will be responsible for maintaining their credit card or Echeck information.
What do I need to set up service?
All users must have a valid email address and their utility customer number.
- To use the credit card payment option, the user must have a MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card. The City does not accept American Express.
- To use the Echeck option, the user must have a bank routing number and a banking account number.
- You can setup paperless statements through Point & Pay also, you will need to create an account.
We understand that changes can occur to your credit card or checking accounts, but it is the account holder's responsibility to update that information online.
Have questions or need more info? Give us a call at 713.662.5824 or email Billing Help.