Halloween is an evening of fun, costumes, and candy. To make sure this spooky night is a safe one, the West University Place Police Department is reminding residents of a few safety precautions to help make this Halloween enjoyable for everyone.
Parents and Children:
- Wear bright, light-colored, or reflective costumes so that motorists can see you. Add reflective tape to trick-or-treat bags for increased visibility.
- Carry a flashlight so that you will be seen as you walk from house to house.
- Use caution as you visit houses. Be alert for objects or toys in the walkway or on the porch.
- Never enter anyone’s house or car for a treat.
- Always go trick-or-treating in a group that includes adults; never go out alone.
- Do not eat any treats until you arrive home and can inspect all goodies.
- Only collect treats from those you know.
- Always watch for cars as you walk from house to house.
- Slow down.
- Stay off your phone while operating a vehicle.
- Be on alert. Children may dart out into traffic, from between vehicles, or other unsafe locations.
West U PD will be actively patrolling throughout the Halloween evening to ensure everyone is having a safe and fun experience.