Halloween is around the corner and now is the perfect time to plan what your family is going to do with all of that trash!
The West University Place Public Works Department is proud to partner with Rubicon to offer residents the Trick or Trash program. Bring your clean and empty candy wrappers to the Public Works Administration Building by Friday, November 11 to be recycled and kept out of the landfill.
In addition to candy wrapper recycling, Public Works will also be collecting pumpkins from November 1 – December 2 for composting. Place your whole, uncarved pumpkins out on your yard waste day to avoid your pumpkin being taken to the landfill.
- Uncarved - Place out with yard waste. If large, place unbagged next to yard waste. Small pumpkins may be bagged with yard waste (Kraft Paper or compostable bags)
- Carved (decorated, sealed, glittered, bleached, and/or painted) - Place in trash, or remove decorations, wax, etc. and compost in your backyard.
- Other eco-friendly options:
- Make a pumpkin planter
- Make a pumpkin bird feeder
- Feed critters in your backyard
For more information contact Public Works at 713-662-5839 or firstname.lastname@example.org