A cold front will move through the area Friday overnight into Saturday morning. Most of the rain activity associated with the front should mainly be along and south of the I-10 corridor. The main impact from the cold front will be the strong gusty northerly winds developing in the wake of the front. Cold air combined with breezy northerly winds could lead to wind chill values in the 20s but temperatures are not expected to drop below freezing.
Please remember to take the following safety precautions:
- Ensure your Carbon Monoxide Detector is working.
- If you plan to use a fireplace, ensure the flue is open and venting properly.
- Never leave a space heater running while you’re asleep.
- Never leave a running space heater unattended.
Remember the 4 P’s of Cold Weather Protection:
- NWS Houston/Galveston Webpage: www.weather.gov/houston
- National Hurricane Center Webpage: www.hurricanes.gov
- Hourly Forecasts (Click Your Location)
- West Gulf River Forecast Center Webpage: www.weather.gov/wgrfc
- AHPS Webpage