March 19, 2020
WEST U UPDATE ON COVID-19
The City’s Emergency Management team is monitoring the ongoing situation with the public health emergency due to COVID-19 and adjusting as the situation evolves.
Current Closures and Cancellations:
- All Parks & Recreation Programming (youth, adult & senior) will be cancelled until further notice.
- The West U Recreation Center, Community Building and Senior Service Center will be closed to the general public until further notice.
- Citizen Advisory Board Meetings will be cancelled until further notice.
- Special Events – Easter Spring Festival and Outdoor Event Series are cancelled.
- Pavilion and deck rentals are cancelled until further notice.
City staff is dedicated to maintaining the continuity of the City services you know and expect. Outside of the impacts listed above, we are maintaining normal services in the following departments:
- Public Works (streets, sidewalks, storm water, building permits, inspections, code enforcement, trash services, water, sewer and facility maintenance)
- Financial Services (utility billing and accounts payable)
- Administration, Information Technology & Human Resources
Please understand that while we love interacting with our residents, due to the public health threat staff has been instructed to adhere to the recommended guidelines to minimize the communal spread of the virus by limiting sizes of groups, social distancing of 6 feet or more and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
General Public Access to All Public Facilities Will Change on Monday March 23, 2020
On Monday March 23, general access to public facilities will only be allowed at the Police Department Lobby located at 3800 University Blvd.
In order to protect employees and residents, access to all other City facilities will be closed to the public to minimize the possibility of communal spread. Staff in all departments will still be available by email and phone during normal business hours.
INFORMATION/UPDATES ON COVID-19
For up to date information on services impact, please visit our home page www.westutx.gov and click link in the middle of the page or visit this page directly www.westutx.gov/1091/Coronavirus-COVID-19-Information
For the latest information on COVID-19, please follow these agencies directly: