March 16, 2020 Update
WEST U UPDATE ON COVID-19 IMPACT TO CITY SERVICES
As West U continues to monitor the issues with COVID-19 and their impact on our community. In response to the changes conveyed late today by Harris County Health Department and the CDC, the City of West U will be doing the following:
Effective March 17, 2020:
- All Parks & Recreation Programming (youth, adult & senior) will be cancelled until further notice.
- The West U Recreation Center, Community Building and Senior Service Center will be closed to the general public until further notice.
- Citizen Advisory Board Meetings in March will be reschedule to April.
- Special Events – Easter Spring Festival and Outdoor Event Series are cancelled.
- Pavilion and deck rentals are cancelled until further notice.
The City will exercise an abundance of caution and defer to the CDC and Harris County Health Department on when to resume program and reopen facilities.
At this time, parks, playground, basketball and tennis courts remain open, but this is subject to change as the conditions warrant.
For up to date information on services impact, please visit our home page www.westutx.gov and click link in the middle of the page.
For the latest information on COVID-19, please follow these agencies directly: