The City of West University Place will begin city-wide mosquito spraying on Monday July 16, 2018. Sprayings will be completed between the hours of 10PM – 5AM. Weekly mosquito sprayings will continue through October.
Note that if the level of activity requires the need for twice a week spraying during the year, a second treatment will be performed on Thursday nights. Advance notice is sent out as a reminder during such occurrences.
In cases of rain on any scheduled day, sprayings will be completed the next night. (i.e. Monday night rain, spraying moves to Tuesday night).
Please be aware that the spray is spread by air circulation at ultra-low volumes and depending on the thickness of your block’s tree canopy and spacing between homes, there is a possibility that the spray may not reach your rear yard.
Your continued assistance is requested in helping to minimize mosquito breeding areas in and around your home by doing the following:
- Remove/empty containers that can hold water, such as, flower pots, buckets, toys, and plastic swimming pools.
- Bird baths and pet water bowls should be changed at least twice a week.
- Keep rain gutters clean and free of debris to prevent standing water.
- Repair leaks in irrigation system to prevent moist/damp areas in your yard.
- Report standing water behind the curb via online request “Click West U” or call our Public Works office at (713)662-5839 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions concerning West U's spraying, please contact Gerardo Barrera at email@example.com or (713) 662-5845. MSDS sheets are available upon request in reference to the products used for treatment.