As of today, Wednesday September 27, 2017, the City's debris hauling contractor has completed the second and final sweep of all construction and demolition (C&D) storm debris ahead of schedule. Any type of C&D is the now the responsibility of the property owner to dispose of as there will be no more sweeps to collect this type of debris. The City WILL NOT collect any C&D storm related debris with normal household or bulk trash collection.
The following materials will be collected tomorrow Thursday September 28, 2017:
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Appliances and White Goods
All material listed above should have already been placed out no later than 7 AM on Monday to ensure it was accounted for by the contractor. Similar to C&D, once the sweep for these materials has been completed, it will be the responsibility of the property owner to dispose of.
As a reminder:
- All debris is to be placed curbside within the Right-of-Way, which is between the property line and the street. Any debris placed on private property will not be picked up. Please keep the roadway and sidewalks as clear as possible.
- Do not mix storm related debris with household trash, recycling or yard waste. Please keep them separated.
- Do not park vehicles in front of debris piles and/or avoid parking in the street on dead end streets during collection
For additional questions or concerns, contact General Services Superintendent Gerardo Barrera, (713) 662-5845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org