Due to the storms this week, Monday's mosquito spraying has been rescheduled and will be completed tonight Wednesday April 20.
City-wide mosquito spraying is completed every Monday night (pending weather). All sprayings take place between the hours of 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. .
Please be aware that the spray is spread by air circulation and depending on the thickness of your block’s tree canopy and spacing between homes, there is a possibility that the spray may not reach your rear yard. To help us minimize the mosquito population, please take a few minutes to look at your yard to ensure that there are no areas where mosquitoes are breeding.
• Remove/empty containers that can hold water, such as, flower pots, buckets, toys, and plastic swimming pools.
• Bird baths and pet water bowls should be changed at least twice a week.
• Keep rain gutters clean and free of debris to prevent standing water.
• Repair leaks in irrigation system to prevent moist/damp areas in your yard.
• Report standing water behind the curb via online request “Click West U” or call the Public Works office.
If you have any questions concerning West U's spraying, please contact Gerardo Barrera at email@example.com or (713) 662-5845