West U PD has responded to three auto theft reports in the past week. The suspect(s) are targeting GMC and Fords. All three incidents occurred during the late night or early morning hours. Detectives are following leads and have utilized the Virtual Gate Camera System to assist with the investigations. Residents who see or hear anything suspicious are asked to IMMEDIATELY contact the police by calling 9-1-1. Lastly, please consider implementing the below recommendations to help reduce the chances of becoming a victim:
1. Lock your doors.
2. Remove your keys from your vehicle.
3. Do not leave a spare key near your vehicle.
4. Close your windows.
5. Park in your garage, behind a secured gate, or well-lit area.
6. Engage your vehicle’s audible alarm system if applicable.
7. Install a tracking system.