West U PD has responded to three different auto theft reports within the past few days. The suspect(s) are targeting trucks of various makes and models. All three incidents occurred in the early morning hours between 12 a.m. – 5 a.m. Detectives are currently following leads and have utilized the Virtual Gate Camera System to assist with the investigations. Residents who see or hear anything suspicious are asked to IMMEDIATELY contact the police by calling 9-1-1. Lastly, please consider implementing the below recommendations to help reduce the chances of becoming a victim:
1. Lock your doors.
2. Remove your keys from your vehicle.
3. Do not leave a spare key near your vehicle.
4. Close your windows.
5. Park in your garage, behind a secured gate, or well-lit area.
6. Engage your vehicle’s audible alarm system if applicable.
7. Install a vehicle immobilizer system.
8. Install a tracking system.
9. Don’t leave valuables in your car.
10. Be alert.