This unique experience will give residents a closer look at day-to-day City operations, including how services are provided, and what it takes to run a city of approximately 15,000 people. The West University Place Citizens Academy (WUPCA) is a 6 week program that will begin on Thursday, October 6.
Your participation includes: hands-on activities, tours, presentations, light refreshments, and much more! Participation is free and will be limited to the first 12 registrants.
Classes begin at 6 p.m. and end by 8 p.m.
*Sessions will end by 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 6 - Administration and Finance Departments
- Thursday, October 13 - Parks and Recreation Department
- Thursday, October 20 - Public Works Department*
- Thursday, October 27 - Police Department*
- Thursday, November 3 - Fire Department
- Monday, November 7 - Graduation Ceremony at City Council Meeting
Registration opens online Thursday, September 1 at 8 a.m.
For more information visit www.westutx.gov/citizensacademy.