West U Update – Changes to City Services
Due to increasing COVID-19 concerns that have caused the County and State to pause their reopening plans, the following temporary reductions to non-essential services will go into effect on Friday, July 3. City Staff will continue to monitor the situation over the next few weeks and will resume expansion of programs and classes when it is safer to do so.
- 4th of July Event:
- Due to vendors backing out and safety concerns for our residents this year’s revised 4th of July event has been canceled.
- Parks & Recreation Programs and Classes:
- All Parks & Recreation programs and classes will be canceled starting July 4. To view more details go to www.westutx.gov/activities.
- Recreation Center: Max Occupancy 50%.
- The weight room and pool will remain open and continue to be accessed by reservation only. To make a reservation go to www.westutx.gov/reg.
- Come prepared to use the weight room or pool. The locker area will be closed.
- For more operational details visit, www.westutx.gov/reccenter.
- Colonial Park Pool: Max Occupancy 50%.
- Colonial Park Pool will remain open by reservation only. To make a reservation visit, www.westutx.gov/reg.
- Come prepared to swim, the shower area in the locker rooms will be closed.
- For more operational details visit, www.westutx.gov/colonial.
Remember to practice social distancing, good hygiene and wear a face covering where social distancing cannot be maintained.
To receive email updates from West U on COVID-19, please visit www.westutx.gov/list.aspx#newsFlash and, under “News Flash,” select “Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates” to subscribe. If you know someone who is not receiving these updates, please encourage them to sign up.
For the latest information on COVID-19 from the county, state, and federal levels, please visit: