HARRIS COUNTY ORDER - HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY - FACE COVERINGS UPDATE
The Governor of Texas clarified language regarding the requirements for wearing face coverings in a commercial business. Based upon the Governor’s clarification, Harris County Judge Hidalgo issued an Order on Friday June 19, 2020 Regarding the Health and Safety Policy and Face Coverings. The following is a summary of the Order, click here to view the full Order.
HARRIS COUNTY ORDER – HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY FOR COMMERCIAL ENTITIES:
All commercial entities in Harris County providing goods and services directly to the public must develop, post and implement a health and safety policy (Health & Safety Policy). The Health & Safety Policy must require, at a minimum, that all employees or visitors to the commercial entity’s business premises or other facilities wear face coverings when in an area or performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public.
Commercial entities may also implement other mitigation measures designed to control and reduce the transmission of COVID-19, such as those listed in “Business Guidance for Mitigating the Spread.”
HARRIS COUNTY ORDER – FACE COVERINGS FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC:
Except for the exemptions listed below, all people 10 years of older shall wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when in a commercial entity or working in areas in a commercial entity that involve close proximity with others.
- When exercising outside or engaging in physical activity outside;
- While driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
- When doing so poses a greater mental or physical health, safety or security risk;
- While pumping gas or operating outdoor equipment;
- While in a building or activity that requires security surveillance or screening for example, banks; or
- When consuming food or drink.
CITY OF WEST U – USE OF FACE COVERINGS IN MUNICIPAL BUILDINGS:
- Members of the public that enter the facility are REQUIRED to wear a face covering pursuant to County Judge Hidalgo’s Executive Order issued on June 19, 2020;
- City employees are required to wear a face coverings when serving customers and anytime social distancing between employees cannot be maintained; and
CURRENT UPDATES ON SERVICES & FACILITIES:
For the latest information regarding the impact of COVID-19 on our City, or related changes to West U services, please visit: www.westutx.gov/covid19
To receive email updates from West U on COVID-19, please visit www.westutx.gov/list.aspx and, under “News Flash,” select “Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates” to subscribe. If you know someone who is not receiving these updates, please encourage them to sign up.
For the latest information on COVID-19 from the county, state, and federal levels, please visit: