West U Update – Parks & Recreation Update
The Governor of Texas issued Executive Order GA-26, which expands the reopening of Texas. Based upon the Order, staff has made the following adjustments to the occupancy level for facilities from 25% to 50%. Please remember that while the occupancy has increased, social distancing guidelines still need to followed, which means that some rooms, activities or facilities may not be able to accommodate a 50% occupancy while meeting social distancing guidelines.
UPDATE TO FACILITY & RECREATIONAL PROGRAMMING (BEGINNING JUNE 8)
The following changes will become effective on Monday June 8.
- Recreation Center Lap Swimming: (50% occupancy)
- Reservations required – www.westutx.gov/reg
- Pool hours: Mon – Fri 6 am to 7 pm & Sat – Sun 7 am to 7 pm
- Leisure swim time has been added to accommodate families
- Locker rooms are now available for use
- For up to date information on the pool, visit www.westutx.gov/recpool
- Weight Room:
- Reservations required (up to 72 hours in advance)
- Racquetball Courts:
- Reservations required and will allow only one person per court or up to four members from the same household – www.westutx.gov/reg
- Recreational Programming:
- Private swim lessons and additional adult and camp programming has been added. New programming will begin June 8
- For a complete listing of classes and camps, please visit www.westutx.gov/activities
REOPENING OF COLONIAL PARK POOL: (BEGINNING JUNE 8)
Colonial Park Pool will reopen on Monday June 8.
- Occupancy of 50%
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Sunday from 11:00 am to 6:30 pm
- Reservations required – one reservation per day – www.westutx.gov/reg
Please Note – the new spiral waterslide may not be open by June 8. Due to the Stay Home Orders the inspection and certification process was not able to be completed. Staff is currently working with the insurance authority and manufacturer to get the slide certified and open as soon as possible.
For up to date information on Colonial Park Pool, visit www.westutx.gov/colonial
Reservations can be made up to 72 hours in advance and you can make one reservation per day.
Please visit www.westutx.gov/reg or call 713-662-7420 to make a reservation.
If you have any questions regarding Parks & Recreation facilities or programs, please contact staff beginning Tuesday May 26 at 713-662-7420.
CURRENT UPDATES ON SERVICES & FACILITIES:
For the latest information regarding the impact of COVID-19 on our City, or related changes to West U services, please visit: www.westutx.gov/covid19
To receive email updates from West U on COVID-19, please visit www.westutx.gov/list.aspx and, under “News Flash,” select “Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates” to subscribe. If you know someone who is not receiving these updates, please encourage them to sign up.
For the latest information on COVID-19 from the county, state, and federal levels, please visit: