Vision & Goals
Our City Council and executive staff maintain a forward thinking approach when it comes to creating our vision and setting goals that ensure West U continues to be recognized as one of the best places to live in the country.
POLICY AGENDA for 2019 – 2020:
Below are the priorities for the City Council and City Management in 2019 and 2020.
- Poor Farm Ditch & Interlocal Agreement
- Zoning and Enforcement: Review and Refinement
- Employee Healthcare: Report and Direction
- City Legislative Advocacy and Lobbying Program: Direction
- Alternative Options of Storm Water Detention (i.e. rain gardens)
- Community Improvement Plan: Development & Adoption
- Crime Analysis and Safe Community Action Plan: Report
- Virtual Gate:
- Phase I Construction
- Phase II Assessment and Direction
- Public Private Partnership Opportunities: Report
- Budget: Service Review, Service Priority and Service Metrics
- Senior Services: Needs Assessment and Plan
- Park Land / Open Space Land Acquisition: Location(s) and Direction
MANAGEMENT AGENDA for 2019 – 2020:
- DirectLink System: Enhancements
- Buffalo Speedway Road Replacement and Drainage Project: Design
- Drainage Improvement Study: Review and Project Direction
- Westside Acquisition Easements for Drainage: Next Steps
- City Engineer Services Contract: Direction
- City Website: Re-launch
- Wastewater Treatment Plan Flood Protection: Direction and Funding
- IT Upgrades: Funding
- Hazard Mitigation Action Plan: Adoption
- City Strategic Plan: Development, Adoption and Institutionalization
- New Revenue Sources: Report
- Noise Ordinance: Revision
STRATEGIC PLANNING MODEL FOR THE CITY OF WEST UNIVERSITY PLACE:
Vision: Value-based principles that describe the preferred future in 15 years.
Plan: Strategic goals that focus outcome-based OUTCOMES and potential actions for 5 years.
Execution: Focus for one year – a work program: policy agenda for City Council, management agenda for staff; major project.
Mission: Principles that define the responsibility of city government and frame the primary services – core service businesses.
Core Beliefs: Personal values that define performance standards and expectations for employees.
WEST UNIVERSITY PLACE 2035
We are distinguished by
Our BEAUTY Our SAFE COMMUNITY
Our SMALL TOWN FEELING
Our ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Our GREAT RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOODS
Our OUTSTANDING PARKS AND GREEN SPACE
Our ACCESS TO EXCEPTIONAL RECREATIONAL AND LEISURE OPPORTUNITIES
WEST U is simply the BEST!
WEST UNIVERSITY PLACE’S
CITY GOVERNMENT CORE VALUES:
WEST UNIVERSITY PLACE S.P.I.R.I.T
SERVE the West U Community!
We are PROFESSIONAL!
We act with INTEGRITY!
We produce RESULTS!
We look for INNOVATION!
We work as a TEAM!
West University Place Vision
West University Place in 2035 will be a Best Suburban Community nationally recognized as a “Best Place To Live”
* Please check back in the next couple months for more information as we continue to update the page.