West U Halloween Dash and Kids Fun Run
Date: Saturday, October 27, 2018
6104 Auden, West University Place, TX
Michele Nezi Marvin
- 5K Run
- Early Registration $25 until September 30, 2018
- $27 From October 1, 2018 - October 23, 2018
- $30 at Registration or on race day
- Kids Fun Run
- Early Registration $20 until September 30, 2018
- $22 From October 1, 2018 - October 23, 2018
- $25 at Registration or on race day
- Online Registration Closes on October 28, 2018
- All proceeds benefit the West University Place Parks and Recreation Department
2018 Race Day Schedule:
- 6:45am: Registration Opens
- 7:45am: Race Day Registration Ends
- 7:45am: Packet Pickup Ends
- 8:00am: 5K Start
- 8:05am: 5k Stroller/Dog Division Start
- 8:45am: 1 Mile Kids' Fun Run Starts
- 9:15am: Costume Contest
- 9:45am: Awards Ceremony
Packet Pickup Information:
- Thursday, October 25: 3:00pm - 6:00pm at Elite Care Emergency Center, 2500 Rice Blvd., Houston, TX 77005
- Friday, October 26: 3:00pm - 6:00pm at Frost Bank, 5925 Kirby Dr., Houston, TX 77005
We are a USATF certified course. The course is flat and fast, taking place on the tree-lined streets of West U with only 6 turns.
The Overall and Master Male and Female will receive awards and top three male and female finishers in the following age groups will receive awards (10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+).
Refund and Transfer Policy:
There are no refunds or transfers.
Bikes, scooters, etc:
New for 2018: We will have a separate division for people running with strollers or dogs. This division will have it's own start following the start of the regular 5K. We will give awards to the overall Male and Female from this division, but you will not be eligible for age group awards.
No bikes, scooters, rollerblades or skateboards permitted in either event. Stroller are permitted in the 1 mile fun run, but no the 5K.
Parking in West U is extremely limited. If you can, please plan to walk or ride your bike to the race. If you do drive, please make sure to park legally without blocking driveways.
The 5k race will be chip timed using the ChronoTrack Electronic timing system.
There will be a costume contest at 9:15am. Awards will be given for costumes in the following categories (best female, best male, best couple, and best child).
Your Sporting Image will be taking race photographs. Photos may be viewed at www.yoursportingimage.com following the race.