What is Citizen Access?
The City offers residents the option to pay utility bills through our online billing services either on a one-time or recurring basis. Residents may also utilize this site to simply view six months of statements at any time without ever making an online payment. There is no charge for this service.
How do I set up this service?
Citizen Access may be accessed through the website Online Services' tab or by clicking here. Residents will be required to set up an account to use this service and will be responsible for maintaining the credit card or Echeck information.
What do I need to set up?All users must have a valid email address and customer number.
- To use the credit card payment option, the user must have a MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card. The City does not accept American Express.
- To use the Echeck option, the user must have a bank routing number and a banking account number.
- To use the view option, simply set up an account.
- If you would like paperless statements please click here for instructions.
Instructions for setting up a Citizen Access account
Citizen Access is not compatible with the Google browser. You may check other browser compatibility by clicking the link under the log in site.
- New User: click the New user tab, enter a valid email address, create a password, enter a first and last name on the account. You will receive an email with a link for verification of the email address. If you do not verify the email address, you cannot access the site.
- Attaching an account: new users will be asked to attach their customer/account number. That number is located on your monthly statement. If you do not have the number, please call the Finance Office at 712-662-5824 or -5826 for help.
How do I continue with my Citizen Access account?Users have the option to view statements, make one-time credit card or Echeck payments or set up recurring payments.
- Viewing only with no payments: you may access up to the last six billing statements on your account. You may also view a billing history of the account.
- One-time payment with credit cards or Echeck : select Bill Pay tab, pay bills, and follow the 3 step process. You will determine the amount and date for payment.
- Recurring payment: select Bill Pay tab, pay bills, saved payment information. You will create a payment profile with a MasterCard, Visa or Discover card. When done, you will get a successfully completed prompt and be returned to the Bill Pay tab. Select pay bills, recurring payments and create your new payment. You will be prompted to verify the account number, enter the payment source (payment profile name) and a percentage or full payment choice. Select full payment and complete the setup. You will get a successfully completed prompt. The credit card will be charged on the monthly due date which is generally between the 13th-16th of the month. Your bill will say "Do not pay."
The user is responsible for maintenance of this account. Finance employees cannot view or change your credit card information.
- Make note of your password, Finance employees can reset a lost password but they cannot tell you what your current password is.
- Make note of the expiration number on the credit card. If it expires, you will receive an NSF charge of $35 and face late fees. You will need to delete old payment profile and old recurring payment and enter new payment profile and new recurring payment when your card is renewed.
- Make note of the card used on the account. Finance staff can only tell you the type card used, not the card number.
- If you want to change cards, simply delete the previous payment profile and recurring payment. Enter new payment profile and then enter new recurring payment.
- If you have any questions, contact 713.662.5826. The Sr. Customer Service Representative will be glad to walk you through the process.